I Want to Learn for FREEAug 16, 2023
You say you want to learn Bitcoin for free? No problem.
Well, actually one problem. There's SO MUCH great content that you'll find it difficult to choose.
Knowing where to start, who to listen to and who to ignore is half the battle.
I've curated some suggestion lists here, but you'll have to carve out some time. It's an unavoidable part of the price of admission to Bitcoin, you have to put in some work.
Or you can skip the work for now and come back once you've lost enough money.
The content in the lists below is very mixed, most of them focus more on the WHY of Bitcoin than on the HOW. I'll list some YouTube channels that post good HOW content at the bottom.
Whether or not you go through my courses, the material below is highly recommended.
American Hodl's Top10 Articles:
American Hodl has been a fixture of the Bitcoiner community since the last bear market. He is funny, brash and smart. He posted a good "beginner's list" of articles
— HODL (@americanhodl8) August 12, 2023
I'll save you a click, Hodl's 10 recommended articles are:
- The Bullish case for Bitcoin by Vijay Boyapati
- Speculative Attack by Pierre Rochard
- The Bitcoin Reformation by Tuur Demeester
- Why the Yuppie Elite Dismiss Bitcoin by Jesse Meyers aka Croesus
- Masters and Slaves of Money by Robert Breedlove
- Trusted Third Parties are Security Holes by Nick Szabo
- Bitcoin is Venice by Allen Farrington
- Bitcoin Is The Great Definancialization by Parker Lewis
- Everyone’s A Scammer by Michael Goldstein aka. Bitstein
- Bitcoin Astronomy by Dhruv Bansal
Swan's Bitcoin Canon:
Swan is one of the USA's premier Bitcoin-only exchanges.
The goal with the Bitcoin Canon is to collect and organize the best bitcoin content on the web in one place so it’s more easily accessible and sharable.
Swan has organized its Canon into curated "Rabbit Holes" by different Bitcoiners, Each rabbit hole points to several "resources", some resources are articles others are podcasts, etc. There is occasional content overlap —some resources appear in more than one rabbit hole— so it'd be a mistake to conclude you need 167 hours to go through it all, but I'm sure you'll have at least 100 hours of material here.
While I confess I haven't read / listened to all of the resources, I've followed most of the rabbit hole curators for a long time and I'm confident these are all solid pieces.
The rabbit holes are:
- Bitcoin 101 by Corey Klippstein - 9 resources / Est Time: 10 hrs
- Why and How Bitcoin Consumes Energy by Lyn Alden - 5 resources / 2.5 hrs
- Under the Hood of BTC Mining by Kaz Bycko and Zane Pocock - 15 resources / 8 hours
- What the Hell Even is Bitcoin? by Guy Swann - 7 resources / 8.5 hours
- Bitcoin Security by Jameson Lopp - 6 resources / 5 hours
- Bitcoin Privacy by Matt Odell - 21 resources / 37 hours
- Stephan Livera Rabbit Hole by Stephan Livera - 21 resources / 25.5 hours
- Bitcoin's Cosmic Significance by Drew - 17 resources / 14.5 hours
- Bitcoin is a Living Organism by Brandon Quittem - 10 resources / 7 hours
- The Political Economy of Decentralization by Allen Farrington - 7 resources / 18.5 hours
- Bitcoin Gaming by Desiree Dickerson - 20 resources / 4 hours
- The World of Bitcoin Art by Brekkie von Bitcoin - 12 resources / 4 hours
- Bitcoin's Prehistory by Sam Callahan - 21 resources / 5 hours
- Politico's Portal by Trystine Payfer - 5 resources / 3.75 hours
- The Best of Parker Lewis by Sam Callahan - 11 resources / 9 hours
- Bitcoin and Quantum Computing by Sam Callahan - 9 resources / 2.3 hours
- Best of Jimmy Song by Sam Callahan - 8 resources 2.4 hours
Michael Saylor's First Bitcoin Interview
Before he became the Bitcoin Gigachad, few of us were familiar with Michael Saylor or his company (I'd never heard of him despite being a long-time investor in the tech space). His hundreds of appearances since this interview have been a tour de force, but this first interview has a special place.If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat.
Ross Stevens letter to Shareholders
In 2020 Ross Stevens wrote an iconic letter as part of the annual report for Stone Ridge (a mutual fund) shareholders. You can download the PDF here
Murad Mahmudov's 2018 "Ultimate Bitcoin Argument" with Pomp
During the 2017 cycle, Murad was one of the prominent voices in Bitcoin--Twiter. It's still a very interesting listen today as well as a cautionary tale. Despite his immense bullishness on Bitcoin, Murad's fund got rekt during a liquidation cascade.
If you've gone though ALL of the material above and are ready for more and want to learn the HOW, you may be ready for Jameson Lopp.
Jameson Lopp's Resources
Cypherpunk Bitcoiner Jameson Lopp has an extensive and well curated Bitcoin Resource guide —including over 60 Bitcoin podcasts, 16 Bitcoin YouTube channels and 28 links to Bitcoin Investment Thesis, ALL of which you can find here.
HOW Oriented YouTube Channel
Ben Sessions has a wealth of instructional videos for setting up wallets and a hundred other topics.
BTC Sessions (from his YouTube Channel)
BTC Sessions is geared towards helping you understand Bitcoin. Get the tutorials on wallets, hardware, security, exchanges and much more, as well as the latest news and industry interviews.
https://linktr.ee/btcsessions ⚡[email protected]
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.